Wednesday 22 February 2012

Craving For These Kueh :)

I met this auntie by accident. My younger brother invited me and other family members for 'majlis cukur rambut'. Dunno what to bring for the occasion. But doesn't feel right if we just 'touch and go' and only come for eating hehehheh.. Must have 'buah tangan' right. That's the customs or may be more appropriate. So, I searched the internet for people who sell traditional kuih and can accept orders within a short notice. I had called many numbers but most of them need at least 3 days notice until I call this makcik's daughter. I called them about 5 pm on Friday asking for the kueh to be ready by 10 am on the following day. They agreed and I ordered. It just to give a try and I dunno what else to bring. I am tired of cupcakes, tarts and cookies. And I need something else for a change. May be something more traditional. So, I picked up the kueh from the makcik at 10.15 am (heheheh actually I am the one who changed the time for 'technical' reason). At the very beginning, I just ordered lepat pisang and the makcik gave me pulut inti for free. After discovering the taste was awesome (less sweet but very addicting), I ordered karipap, cucur badak, roti jala and puteri ayu. Since then, when I feel like eating traditional kuih, I will just pick up the phone and call the makcik. Easy huh. coz I'm not that talented to prepare such traditional kueh..(another excuse for not cooking hehehehhe). So, here are some kueh that I have ordered (eat and finished). Enjoyyyy

   

No comments:

Post a Comment